Avocado oil is made by extracting oil from ripe avocados, using various methods. It has a multitude of uses and benefits, ranging from natural hair and skin treatments to cooking.
The lack of general knowledge and high price point of Avocado Oil makes it one among the lesser used oils, but the benefits justify the cost and time it will take to understand the true power of this particular oil. Let’s dig deeper into it!
What makes Avocado Oil special?
Avocado is a nutritionally rich fruit that is high in fibre, potassium and helps absorb the fat-soluble vitamins K, D , A, and E. Avocados are renowned for their healthy fat content and contain high levels of antioxidants, including lutein and zeaxanthin, which are similar to vitamin E.
How can Avocado Oil aid your skin?
Avocado oil works almost magically for a plethora of internal and external ailments, today; let’s have a look at how it can help restore health to and revitalise your skin!
- Deeply moisturises skin – Avocado oil contains generous quantities of vitamin E, Potassium, and Lecithin; these nutrients are quickly and effortlessly absorbed by the skin, and help moisturise your skin from the depths to the surface.
- Treats sunburnt skin – Due to the antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin D, Lecithin, Protein, and essential fatty acids present in avocado oil, it is used widely to treat sunburns, soothe skin, and promote healing. Certain studies have also revealed that consuming avocados can help protect skin from UV radiation.
- Prevents and treats acne – Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, avocado oil is used variedly in order to prevent inflammation and redness that comes with acne.
- Helps to soothe symptoms of eczema and psoriasis – The beneficial nutrients in avocado oil can help assuage symptoms such as dry, irritated, and flaky skin, linked to eczema and psoriasis.
- Decreases signs of ageing – Avocado oil is packed with healthful essential fatty acids, and antioxidants, these help promote the production and synthesis of collagen in your skin, which is responsible for skin elasticity, and in turn youthful appearance.
Avocado oil is a must-have product in your self-care cabinet, and there are many ways you can include it in your skincare routine. At Satliva, we’ve spent many months developing the perfect Hemp with Avocado Hair and Body Oil blend, that gives you the benefits of avocado oil, and goes a step further with the goodness of Hemp Seed Oil. You can apply it as is, or mix a spoonful into your homemade masks and scrubs for an enhanced at-home skincare experience.